ACELG Seminar Series: Metropolitan Governance - A Comparative Perspective
The ACELG Seminar Series 'From Government to Governance' will commence on 14 August with a presentation from internationally renowned urban politics and administration scholar Professor Ron Vogel titled 'Metropolitan Governance - A Comparative Perspective'.
Date: Thursday 14th of August
Location: Aerial Function Centre, UTS building 10, Level 7, 235 Jones Street Ultimo (Google map)
RSVP: Register online here, or email Events.Acelg@uts.edu.au by 11 August 2014
There is no cost for this event. Light refreshments will be provided.
Professor Ron K. Vogel is internationally recognised as an urban politics and administration scholar - his work has focused in particular on global cities and regional governance. Over the last decade Ron has been conducting research on the governance of global city-regions in Tokyo, Hong Kong, London and Toronto. He lectures at Ryerson University and is currently a visiting professor at ACELG.
ACELG's Seminar Series for 2014-2015: From Government to Governance...
This seminar is part of a series of networking functions hosted by ACELG featuring stimulating presentations by international and national experts in governance, local government and sustainable place-making. "From Government to Governance" will examine current thinking on the role of local government, including:
- Can Local Government work well together?
- How can Local Government establish relationships with other levels of government?
- How can citizens be part of shaping their community's future?
- What does a modern Local Government Councillor look like?
- Who really cares about Local Government?
- What is the status of local government reform in NSW and elsewhere?
- Where does Local Government sit on the Federal Government's agenda?
ACELG media release about new seminar series
Cityscape image courtesy of the City of Sydney